Old Town and the Bangor Region
The Bangor Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) is located at the geographic center of Maine and is frequently recognized as a great place to live, work, and grow businesses.
Located just a few miles north of the City of Bangor and adjacent to the University of Maine, the City of Old Town offers excellent opportunities for business and economic development, including:
- Available and competitively-priced buildings, sites, and properties for expansion and re-location
- Direct access to Interstate 95, close proximity to the Bangor International Airport, and access to commercial rail plus a full offering of infrastructure throughout the City including sewer, water, high-speed Internet and telecommunications
- Competitive wages—73% of the national average
- A highly skilled, educated, and dedicated workforce with great access to training and education through many well respected colleges and universities - including the University of Maine
- A stable economic base with leading companies in manufacturing, professional and technical sectors, and energy
- High quality of life with low crime rates, available land and housing, great options for education, and close proximity to some of the nation's best outdoor recreation areas
Old Town's quality of life is hard to beat. Our family-friendly community is defined by low crime rates, access to amenities, and a great public school system. For the outdoor enthusiast, recreational opportunities are only limited by one's imagination.
According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, the City of Old Town is a Hub Zone. The SBA regulates and implements the HUBZone program. SBA does the following:
- Determines which businesses are eligible to receive HUBZone contracts
- Maintains a listing of qualified HUBZone small businesses that federal agencies can use to locate vendors
- Adjudicates protests of eligibility to receive HUBZone contracts
- Reports to the Congress on the program's impact on employment and investment in HUBZone areas.
The program’s benefits for HUBZone-certified companies include:
- Competitive and sole source contracting
- 10% price evaluation preference in full and open contract competitions, as well as subcontracting opportunities.
For more information on Hub Zones, visit the Small Business Administration's website.
We invite you to explore additional data and information and find out for yourself why Old Town and the Bangor Region is an ideal place to grow your business, work, raise a family, and play.
Economy & Demographics
Workforce & Education
Quality of Life